The Friends of Watts Meadow hold monthly task days, covering a range of tasks – including litter picks, clearing paths, bulb planting, nature surveys and things that will help wildlife survive during the colder months. Many relate to implementing work identified in our management plan.
In 2023, we are going to alternate task days between Saturdays and Sundays. Agreed dates are:
- Saturday 14 January: 10:00-12:00
- Sunday 12 February: 10:30-13:00
- Saturday 4 March: 10:30-13:00
- Sunday 16 April: 10:30-13:00
- Saturday 13 May: 10:30-13:00
- Sunday 11 June: 10:30-13:00
- Saturday 8 July: 10:30-13:00
- Sunday 13 August: 10:30-13:00
- Saturday 9 September: 10:30-13:00
- Sunday 8 October: 10:30-13:00
- Saturday 11 November: 10:30-13:00
- Sunday 10 December: 10:30-13:00
Task Day dates in 2022 took place on the first Sunday of each month:
- Sunday 6 February from 10:30am
- Sunday 6 March from 10:30am
- Sunday 3 April from 10:30am – where our focus was on litter picking, as part of the Great British spring clean
- Sunday 8 May
- Sunday 12 June
- Sunday 3 July
- Sunday 7 August
- Sunday 4 September
- Sunday 2 October
- Sunday 6 November – cancelled (due to bad weather)
We promote the Task Days via our social media accounts, primarily Facebook and Instagram, and via a poster on our notice board. These include details of where we plan to meet. We will also use these accounts to share any last minute changes, especially if the weather is unsettled.
We have some equipment, including gloves, but please bring your own if you like. And do wear sturdy footwear as the site can sometimes be rather muddy.
Any questions, or for more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.